Main Article Content
A new generalization of Lomax distribution is derived and studied. Some of its useful properties are derived. A simple clayton copula is used to generate many bivariate and multivariate type models. We performed graphical simulations to assess the finite sample behavior of the estimations. The new model is employed in modelling three real data sets.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Altun, E., Yousof, H. M. and Hamedani, G. G. (2018). A new log-location regression model with influence diagnostics and residual analysis. Facta Universitatis, Series: Mathematics and Informatics, 33(3), 417-449
- Altun, E., Yousof, H. M., Chakraborty, S. and Handique, L. (2018). Zografos-Balakrishnan Burr XII distribution: regression modeling and applications. International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 19(3), 46-70.
- Ansari, S., Rezk, H. and Yousof, H. (2020). A new compound version of the generalized Lomax distribution for modeling failure and service times. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 95-107.
- Asgharzadeh, A. and Valiollahi, R. (2011). Estimation of the scale parameter of the Lomax distribution under progressive censoring, International Journal for Business and Economics 6, 37--48.
- Bhatti, F. A., Hamedani, G., Yousof, H. M., Ali, A. and Ahmad, M. (2018). On Modified Burr XII-Inverse Exponential Distribution: Properties, Characterizations and Applications. J Biostat Biom: JBSB-106. DOI, 10.
- Bjerkedal, T. (1960). Acquisition of resistance in Guinea pigs infected with different doses of virulent tubercle bacilli. American Journal of Hygiene, 72, 130--148.
- Burr, I. W. (1942). Cumulative frequency functions. Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 13, 215-232.
- Burr, I. W. (1968). On a general system of distributions, III. The simplerange. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 63, 636-643.
- Burr, I. W. (1973). Parameters for a general system of distributions to match a grid of α_3 and α_4 .Communications in Statistics, 2, 1-21.
- Burr, I. W. and Cislak, P. J. (1968). On a general system of distributions: I. Its curve-shaped characteristics; II. The sample median. Journalof the American Statistical Association, 63, 627-635.
- Corbellini, A., Crosato, L., Ganugi, P and Mazzoli, M. (2007). Fitting Pareto II distributions on firm size: Statistical methodology and economic puzzles. Paper presented at the International Conference on Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, Chania, Crete.
- Cordeiro, G. M., Yousof, H. M., Ramires, T. G. and Ortega, E. M. M. (2018). The Burr XII system of densities: properties, regression model and applications. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 88(3), 432-456.
- Elbiely, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2018). A New Extension of the Lomax Distribution and its Applications, Journal of Statistics and Applications, 2(1), 18-34.
- Elbiely, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). A New Inverse Weibull Distribution: Properties and Applications. Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 15(1), 30-43.
- Elsayed, H. A. and Yousof, H. M. (2019a). A new Lomax distribution for modeling survival times and taxes revenue data sets. Journal of Statistics and Applications, forthcoming.
- Elsayed, H. A. H. and Yousof, H. M. (2019b). Extended Poisson generalized Burr XII distribution. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, forthcoming.
- Elsayed, H. A. H. and Yousof, H. M. (2019c). The Burr X Nadarajah Haghighi distribution: statistical properties and application to the exceedances of flood peaks data. Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 15, 146-157.
- Elsayed, H. A. H. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). The generalized odd generalized exponential Fréchet model: univariate, bivariate and multivariate extensions with properties and applications to the univariate version. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 16(3), 529-544.
- Gad, A. M., Hamedani, G. G., Salehabadi, S. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). The Burr XII-Burr XII distribution: mathematical properties and characterizations. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 35(3), 229-248.
- Gelfand, A. E., and Smith, A. F. (1990). Sampling-based approaches to calculating marginal densities. Journal of the American statistical association, 85(410), 398-409.
- Goual, H. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). Validation of Burr XII inverse Rayleigh model via a modified chi-squared goodness-of-fit test. Journal of Applied Statistics, 47(1), 1-32.
- Goual, H., Yousof, H. M. and Ali, M. M. (2020). Lomax inverse Weibull model: properties, applications and a modified chi-squared goodness-of-fit test for validation. Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, forthcoming.
- Gupta, R. C. and Gupta, R. D. (2007). Proportional reversed hazard rate model and its applications. J. Statist. Plan. Inference, 137, 3525—3536.
- Hamedani G. G. Rasekhi, M., Najibi, S. M., Yousof, H. M. and Alizadeh, M., (2019). Type II general exponential class of distributions. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., XV (2), 503-523.
- Harris, C.M. (1968). The Pareto distribution as a queue service descipline, Operations Research 16, 307--313.
- Hassan, A.S. and Al-Ghamdi, A.S. (2009). Optimum step stress accelerated life testing for Lomax distibution, Journal of Applied Sciences Research 5, 2153--2164.
- Ibrahim, M. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). A new generalized Lomax model: statistical properties and applications, Journal of Data Science, 18(1), 190 -- 217.
- Ibrahim, M., Altun, E. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). A new distribution for modeling lifetime data with different methods of estimation and censored regression modeling. Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 8, 610–630.
- Ibrahim, M., Yadav, A. S. Yousof, H. M., Goual, H. and Hamedani, G. G. (2019). A new extension of Lindley distribution: modified validation test, characterizations and different methods of estimation, Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods, 26(5), 473–495.
- Karamikabir, H., Afshari, M., Yousof, H. M., Alizadeh, M., & Hamedani, G. (2020). The Weibull Topp-Leone Generated Family of Distributions: Statistical Properties and Applications. Journal of The Iranian Statistical Society, 19(1), 121-161.
- Korkmaz, M. C., Altun, E., Yousof, H. M. and Hamedani G. G. (2019). The odd power Lindley generator of probability distributions: properties, characterizations and regression modeling, International Journal of Statistics and Probability, 8(2), 70-89.
- Korkmaz, M. C. Yousof, H. M. and Ali, M. M. (2017). Some theoretical and computational aspects of the odd Lindley Fréchet distribution, Journal of Statisticians: Statistics and Actuarial Sciences, 2, 129-140.
- Korkmaz, M. C. Yousof, H. M. and Hamedani G. G. (2018). The exponential Lindley odd log-logistic G family: properties, characterizations and applications. Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 17(3), 554 - 571.
- Merovci, F., Alizadeh, M., Yousof, H. M. and Hamedani G. G. (2017). The exponentiated transmuted-G family of distributions: theory and applications, Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 46(21), 10800-10822.
- Lomax, K.S. (1954). Business failures: Another example of the analysis of failure data, Journal of the American Statistical Association 49, 847-852.
- Mansour, M. M., Butt, N. S., Ansari, S. I., Yousof, H. M., Ali, M. M., Ibrahim, M. (2020a). A new exponentiated Weibull distribution’s extension: copula, mathematical properties and applications. Contributions
- Mansour, M. M., Butt, N. S., Yousof, H., Ansari, S. I. and Ibrahim, M. (2020b). A Generalization of Reciprocal Exponential Model: Clayton Copula, Statistical Properties and Modeling Skewed and Symmetric Real Data Sets. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 373-386.
- Mansour, M. M., Ibrahim, M., Aidi, K., Shafique Butt, N., Ali, M. M., Yousof, H. M. and Hamed, M. S. (2020c). A New Log-Logistic Lifetime Model with Mathematical Properties, Copula, Modified Goodness-of-Fit test for Validation and Real Data Modeling. Mathematics, 8(9), 1508.
- Mansour, M., Korkmaz, M. C, Ali, M. M., Yousof, H. M., Ansari, S. I. and Ibrahim, M. (2020d). A Generalization of the Exponentiated Weibull Model with Properties, Copula and Application. Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics, 3(2), 84-102.
- Mansour, M., Rasekhi, M., Ibrahim, M., Aidi, K., Yousof, H. M. and Elrazik, E. A. (2020e). A New Parametric Life Distribution with Modified Bagdonavičius--Nikulin Goodness-of-Fit Test for Censored Validation, Properties, Applications, and Different Estimation Methods. Entropy, 22(5), 592.
- Mansour, M., Yousof, H. M., Shehata, W. A. and Ibrahim, M. (2020f). A new two parameter Burr XII distribution: properties, copula, different estimation methods and modeling acute bone cancer data. Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, , 13(5), 223-238.
- Nichols, M.D. and Padgett, W.J. (2006). A bootstrap control chart for Weibull percentiles. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 22, 141-151.
- Rodriguez, R.N. (1977). A guide to the Burr type XII distributions. Biometrika, 64, 129--134.
- Tadikamalla, P. R. (1980). A look at the Burr and related distributions, International Statistical Review, 48, 337-344.
- Yadav, A.S., Goual, H., Alotaibi, R.M. Rezk, H., Ali, M.M. and Yousof, H.M. (2020). Validation of the Topp-Leone Lomax model via a modified Nikulin-Rao-Robson goodness-of-fit test with different methods of estimation. Symmetry, 12, 1-26. doi: 10.3390/sym12010057
- Yousof, H. M., Afify, A. Z., Alizadeh, M., Nadarajah, S., Aryal, G. R. and Hamedani, G. G. (2018a). The Marshall-Olkin generalized-G family of distributions with Applications, STATISTICA, 78(3), 273- 295.
- Yousof, H. M., Altun, E., Ramires, T. G., Alizadeh, M. and Rasekhi, M. (2018b). A new family of distributions with properties, regression models and applications, Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, 21, 163-188.
- Yousof, H. M., Altun, E., Rasekhi, M., Alizadeh, M., Hamedani, G. G. and Ali, M. M. (2019). A new lifetime model with regression models, characterizations and applications. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 48(1), 264-286.
- Yousof, H. M., Majumder, M., Jahanshahi, S. M. A., Ali, M. M. and Hamedani G. G. (2018c). A new Weibull class of distributions: theory, characterizations and applications, Journal of Statistical Research of Iran, 15, 45–83.