Main Article Content
A new modified version of the Bagdonavičius-Nikulin goodness-of-fit test statistic is presented for validity for the right censor case under the double Burr type X distribution. The maximum likelihood estimation method in censored data case is used and applied. Simulations via the algorithm of Barzilai-Borwein is performed for assessing the right censored estimation method. Another simulation study is presented for testing the null hypothesis under the modified version of the Bagdonavičius and Nikulin goodness-of-fit statistical test. Four right censored data sets are analyzed under the new modified test statistic for checking the distributional validation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Abouelmagd, T. H. M., Hamed, M. S. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). Poisson Burr X Weibull distribution. Journal of Nonlinear Sciences & Applications (JNSA), 12(3), 173-183. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22436/jnsa.012.03.05
- Ali, M. M., Yousof, H. M. and Ibrahim, M. (2021a). A new version of the generalized Rayleigh distribution with copula, properties, applications and different methods of estimation. Optimal Decision Making in Operations Research & Statistics: Methodologies and Applications, VOL 1, 1-25.
- Ali, M. M., Ibrahim, M. and Yousof, H. M. (2021b). Expanding the Burr X model: properties, copula, real data modeling and different methods of estimation. Optimal Decision Making in Operations Research & Statistics: Methodologies and Applications, VOL 1, 26-49.
- Habib, M.G., Thomas, D.R. (1986). Chi-squared Goodness-of-Fit Tests For Randomly Censored Data, Annals of Statistics, 14(2), 759-765. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176349953
- Hollander, M., Pena, E.(1992). Chi-square goodness-of-fit test for ran-domly censored data. JASA 87(417), 458–463. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1992.10475226
- Galanova, N. S., Lemeshko, B. Y. and Chimitova, E. V. (2012). Using nonparametric goodness-of-fit tests to validate accelerated failure time models. Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing, 48(6), 580-592. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3103/S8756699012060064
- Bagdonavičius, V., & Nikulin, M. (2011a). Chi-squared tests for general composite hypotheses from censored samples. Comptes Rendus Mathematique, 349(3-4), 219-223. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crma.2011.01.007
- Bagdonavičius, V., Nikulin, M.(2011b). Chi-squared Goodness-of-fit Test for Right Censored Data. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 24, 30-50.
- Bagdonavičius, V., Levuliene, R., J., and Nikulin, M., (2013). Chi-squared goodness-of-fit tests for parametric accelerated failure time models, Communications in Statistics- Theory and Methods, 42(15), 2768-2785. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610926.2011.617483
- Crowder M. J., Kimber A.C., Smith R. L and Sweeting, T. J. (1991): Statistical analysis of reliability data, CHAPMAN & HALL/CRC. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-2953-2
- Elsayed, H. A. H. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). The Burr X Nadarajah Haghighi distribution: statistical properties and application to the exceedances of flood peaks data. Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 15, 146-157. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3844/jmssp.2019.146.157
- Klein J. P. and Moeschberger M. L. (2003). Survival Analysis : Techniques for Censored and Truncated Data, Springer,New York. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/b97377
- Ibrahim. M., Aidi, K., Ali, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2021). The Exponential Generalized Log-Logistic Model: Bagdonavičius-Nikulin test for Validation and Non-Bayesian Estimation Methods. Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods, forthcoming.
- Jahanshahi, S.M.A., Yousof, H. M. and Sharma, V. K. (2019). The Burr X Fréchet Model for Extreme Values: Mathematical Properties, Classical Inference and Bayesian Analysis. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., 15(3), 797-818. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v15i3.2799
- Khalil, M. G., Hamedani, G. G. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). The Burr X exponentiated Weibull model: Characterizations, mathematical properties and applications to failure and survival times data. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 141-160. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v15i1.2824
- Mansour, M. M., Ibrahim, M., Aidi, K., Shafique Butt, N., Ali, M. M., Yousof, H. M. and Hamed, M. S. (2020a). A New Log-Logistic Lifetime Model with Mathematical Properties, Copula, Modified Goodness-of-Fit Test for Validation and Real Data Modeling. Mathematics, 8(9), 1508. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/math8091508
- Mansour, M., Rasekhi, M., Ibrahim, M., Aidi, K., Yousof, H. M. and Elrazik, E. A. (2020b). A New Parametric Life Distribution with Modified Bagdonavičius–Nikulin Goodness-of-Fit Test for Censored Validation, Properties, Applications, and Different Estimation Methods. Entropy, 22(5), 592. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/e22050592
- Sickle-Santanello, B. J., Farrar, W. B., Decenzo, J. F., Keyhani-Rofagha, S., Klein, J, P., Laufman, H. and Toole, R. V. (1988). Technical and statistical improvements for flow cytometric DNA analysis of paraffin-embedded tissue. Cytometry, 9(6), 954-599. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/cyto.990090613
- Voinov, V., Nikulin, M., Balakrishnan, N. (2013). Chi-Squared Goodness of Fit Tests with Applications, Academic Press, Elsevier.
- Yousof, H. M., Afify, A. Z., Hamedani, G. G. and Aryal, G. (2017). The Burr X generator of distributions for lifetime data. Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 16(3), 288-305. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2017.16.3.2
- Yousof, H. M., Aidi, K., Hamedani, G. G. and Ibrahim. M. (2021a). A new parametric lifetime model with modified chi-square type test for right censored validation, characterizations and different estimation methods. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 17(2), 399-425. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v17i2.3631
- Yousof, H. M., Ali, M. M., Aidi, K., Hamedani, G. G. and Ibrahim, M. (2021b). A new lifetime distribution with properties, characterizations, validation testing, different estimation methods. Statistics, Optimization & Information Computing, forthcoming.