Main Article Content
In this study, a multivariate gamma distribution is first introduced. Then, by defining a new statistic, three control charts called the MG charts, are proposed for this distribution. The first control chart is based on the exact distribution of this statistic, the second control chart is based on the Satterthwaite approximation, and the last is based on the normal approximation. Efficiency of the proposed control charts is evaluated by average run length (ARL) criterion.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Aslam, M., Srinivasa Rao, G., Ahmad, L. & Jun, C.H. (2017). A control chart for multivariate Poisson distribution using repetitive sampling. Journal of Applied Statistics, 44(1), 123–136. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/02664763.2016.1164837
- Ali Raza, M. & Aslam, M. (2018). Design of control charts for multivariate Poisson distribution using generalized multiple dependent state sampling. Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, 16(6),629-650. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/16843703.2018.1497935
- Aksoy, H. (2000). Use of gamma distribution in hydrological analysis. Turkish Journal of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, 24(6), 419-428.
- Agarwal, S.K. & Kalla, S.L. (1996). A generalized gamma distribution and its application in reliability. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 25(1), 201 – 210. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929608831688
- Cozzucoli, P. C. & Marozzi, M. (2018). Monitoring multivariate Poisson processes: A review and some new results. Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, 15(1), 53–68. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/16843703.2017.1304035
- Casella, G. & Berger, R.L. (2002). Statistical Inference (Vol.2). Pacific Grove, CA: Duxbury.
- Chiu, J. E. & Kuo, T.I. (2007). Attribute control chart for multivariate Poisson distribution. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 37(1), 146–158. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610920701648771
- Derya, K. & Canan, H. (2012). Control Charts for Skewed Distributions: Weibull, Gamma, and Lognormal. Advances in Methodology & Statistics. Metodoloskizvezki, 9(2), 95-106.
- Khan, N., Aslam, M., Ahma, L. & Jun, C.H. (2017). A control chart for gamma distributed variables using repetitive sampling scheme. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 13(1), 47–61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v13i1.1390
- Mori, S., Nakata, D. & Kaneda, T. (2015). An Application of Gamma Distribution to the Income Distribution and the Estimation of Potential Food Demand Functions. Modern Economy, 6(9), 1001-1017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4236/me.2015.69095
- Montgomery, D.C. (2013). Design & Analysis of Experiments. John Wiley & Sons.
- Tan, C.M., Raghavan, N. & Roy, A. (2007). Application of gamma distribution in electro migration for submicron interconnects. Journal of Applied Physics, 102, 103703. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2809449
- Wilson, E.B. & Hilferty, M.M. (1931). The Distribution of Chi-Squares. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 17(12), 684–688. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.17.12.684
- Zhang, C.W., Xie, M., Liu, J.Y. & Goh, T.N. (2007). A control chart for the Gamma distribution as a model of time between events. International Journal of Production Research, 45(23), 5649-5666. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540701325082