Main Article Content
In this study, we adapted the families of estimators from Ünal and Kadilar (2021) using the exponential function for the population mean in case of non-response for simple random sampling for the estimation of the mean of the population with the RSS (ranked set sampling) method. The equations for the MSE and the bias of the adapted estimators are obtained for RSS and it in theory shows that the proposed estimator is additional efficient than the present RSS mean estimators in the literature. In addition, we support these theoretical results with real COVID-19 real data and conjointly the simulation studies with different distributions and parameters. As a result of the study, it was observed that the efficiency of the proposed estimator was better than the other estimators.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following License
CC BY: This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, so long as attribution is given to the creator. The license allows for commercial use.
- McIntyre, G.A. (1952). A method for unbiased selective sampling using ranked sets. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research, 3: 385–390. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1071/AR9520385
- Takahasi, K. and Wakimoto, K. (1968). On unbiased estimates of the population mean based on the stratified sampling by means of ordering. Ann. Inst. Statist. Math., 20, 1-31. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02911622
- Dell, T.R. and Clutter, J.L. (1972). Ranked set sampling theory with order statistics background. Biometrika, 28: 545-555. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2556166
- Stokes, S.L. 1977. Ranked set sampling with concomitant variables. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, A6: 1207- 1211. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610927708827563
- Singh, H.P., Tailor, R. & Singh, S. 2014. General procedure for estimating the population mean using ranked set sampling. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 84(5): 931-945. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2012.733395
- Mehta, S. and Mandowara, V.L.(2012). An optimum stratification for stratified cluster sampling design when clusters are of varying sizes. International Journal of scientific and technology research, 1(9): 74-79.
- Rather, K. U. I. and Kadilar, C. Exponential type estimator for The population mean under Ranked set sampling. Journal of Statistics: Advances in Theory and Applications (2021), 25(1): 1-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18642/jsata_7100122173
- Cochran, W. G., 1977. Sampling techniques. John Wiley and Sons, New-York.
- Prasad, B. Some improved ratio type estimators of population mean and ratio in finite population sample surveys. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods (1989), 18: 379-392. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610928908829905
- Kadilar, C., Unyazici, Y. & Cingi, H. 2009. Ratio estimator for the population mean using ranked set sampling. Statistical Papers, 50: 301-309. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00362-007-0079-y
- Samawi, H. M., Muttlak, H. A., 1996. Estimation of ratio using rank set sampling. Biometrical Journal, 38, 753-764. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bimj.4710380616
- Bahl, S., Tuteja, R. K. Ratio and product type exponential estimator. Journal of Information and Optimization Sciences (1991), 12: 159-163. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/02522667.1991.10699058
- Kocyigit, E. G., Kadilar, C. Ratio estimators for ranked set sampling in the presence of tie information, Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, (2020). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610918.2020.1815777
- Ünal, C., Kadilar, C. (2021). Exponential Ratio Type Estimator in The Presence of Non-Response. Romanian statistical review www. revistadestatistica. 3, 47-54. DOI: https://doi.org/10.13052/jrss0974-8024.14115
- World Health Organization. 2020. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation report–51. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. Accessed December 1, 2021. https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/ situation-reports/20200311-sitrep-51-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=1ba62e57_10
- Vishwakarma, G. K., Zeeshan, S. M. and Bouza, C. N. (2017). Ratio and product type exponential estimators for population mean using ranked set sampling. Revista Investigacion Operacional, 38(3), 266-271.