Main Article Content
This article explores a supply chain model consisting of a single manufacturer and two competing retailers. The manufacturer, as a Stackelberg leader specifies a wholesale price and bears servicing costs of the products. Then, both the retailers advertise the products and sell them to the customers. So, the demand of the products is influenced by selling price, service level and also promotional effort. On the basis of this gaming structure, two mathematical models have been formed - crisp model, where each member of the chain exactly knows all the cost parameters and fuzzy model where those cost parameters are considered as fuzzy numbers. Optimal strategies for the manufacturer and the retailers are determined and some numerical examples have been given. Finally, how perturbations of parameters affect the profits of the chain members have been determined.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- C´ardenas-Barr´on, L. E. and Sana, S. S. (2015). Multi-item eoq inventory model in a two-layer supply chain while demand varies with promotional effort. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 39(21):6725–6737.
- Chen, S.-H. (1985). Operations on fuzzy numbers with function principal. Tamkang Journal of Management Science, 6(1):13–25.
- Chen, S.-H. (1999). Ranking generalized fuzzy number with graded mean integration. Proceedings of 8th International Fuzzy System Association World Congress,Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China, 2:899–902.
- Choi, S. C. (1991). Price competition in a channel structure with a common retailer. Marketing Science, 10(4):271–296.
- Das, S. K. and Islam, S. (2019). Multi-objective two echelon supply chain inventory model with lot size and customer demand dependent purchase cost and production rate dependent production cost. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 15(4):831–847.
- Giri, B. and Sharma, S. (2014). Manufacturer’s pricing strategies in cooperative and non-cooperative advertising supply chain under retail competition. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 5(3):475–496.
- Grifﬁth, D. E. and Rust, R. T. (1993). Effectiveness of some simple pricing strategies under varying expectations of competitor behavior. Marketing Letters, 4(2):113–126.
- Han, X., Sun, X., and Zhou, Y. (2014). The equilibrium decisions in a two-echelon supply chain under price and service competition. Sustainability, 6(7):4339–4354.
- He, X., Krishnamoorthy, A., Prasad, A., and Sethi, S. P. (2011). Retail competition and cooperative advertising. Operations Research Letters, 39(1):11–16.
- Hsieh, C. H. and Chen, S.-H. (1999). Similarity of generalized fuzzy numbers with graded mean integration representation. In Proc. 8th Int. Fuzzy Systems Association World Congr, volume 2, pages 551–555.
- Islam, S. and Roy, T. K. (2006). A new fuzzy multi-objective programming: Entropy based geometric programming and its application of transportation problems. European Journal of Operational Research, 173(2):387–404.
- Khan, S. A. R. and Yu, Z. (2019). Strategic supply chain management. Springer.
- Pal, B., Sana, S. S., and Chaudhuri, K. (2015). Two-echelon manufacturer–retailer supply chain strategies with price, quality, and promotional effort sensitive demand. International Transactions in Operational Research, 22(6):1071–1095.
- Tsay, A. A. and Agrawal, N. (2000). Channel dynamics under price and service competition. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2(4):372–391.
- Zadeh, L. (1965). Fuzzy sets. Information and Control, 8(3):338 – 353.
- Zimmermann, H.-J. (1978). Fuzzy programming and linear programming with several objective functions. Fuzzy sets and systems, 1(1):45–55.