Main Article Content
The infinite divisibility of compound negative binomial distribution especially as the sum of Laplace distribution has important roles in governing the mathematical model based on its characteristic function. In order to show the property of characteristic function of this compound negative binomial distribution, it is used Fourier-Stieltjes transform to have characteristic function and then governed the property of continuity and quadratic form by using analytical approaches. The infinite divisibility property is obtained by introducing a function satisfied the criteria to be a characteristic function such that its convolution has the characteristic function of compound negative binomial distribution. Then it is concluded that the characteristic function of compound negative binomial distribution as the sum of Laplace distribution satisfies the property of continuity, quadratic form and infinite divisibility.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following License
CC BY: This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, so long as attribution is given to the creator. The license allows for commercial use.
- Allam, S.A-R. (2011). Emperical characteristic function approach to goodness-of-fit test for the generalized exponential distribution. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 7 (1), 67-86. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18187/pjsor.v7i1.165
- Artikis, T. (1983). Constructing infinitely divisible characteristic functions. Archivum Mathematicum, 19, 57-61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/dema-1983-0417
- Chhaiba, H., Demni, N. And Mouayn, Z. (2016). Analysis of generalized negative binomial distributions attached to hyperbolic Landau levels. Journal of Mathematical Physics, 57 (072103), 1-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4958724
- Devianto, D. (2016). The uniform continuity of characteristic function from convoluted exponential distribution with stabilizer constant. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1707, 1-5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4940863
- Devianto, D. (2018). On the class of infinitely divisible exponential distribution. Journal of Physics Conference Series, 1097, 1-6. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1097/1/012084
- Devianto, D., Maiyastri, Oktasari, L. and Anas, M. (2015). Convolution on generated random variable from exponential distribution with stabilizer constant. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 9 (96), 4781-4789. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12988/ams.2015.55396
- Devianto, D., Oktasari, L. and Maiyastri, (2015). Some properties of hypoexponential distribution with stabilizer constant. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 9 (142), 7063-7070. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12988/ams.2015.510623
- Furman, E. (2007). On the convolution of the negative binomial random variables. Statistics and Probility Letters, 77 (2), 169-172. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2006.06.007
- Hanagal, D.D. and Dabade, A.D. (2013). Compound negative binomial shared frailty models for bivariate survival data. Statistics and Probility Letters, 83 (11), 2507-2515. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spl.2013.07.005
- Inusah, S. and Kozubowski, T.J. (2006). A discrete analogue of the Laplace distribution. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 136, 1090-1102. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspi.2004.08.014
- Liu, Y. and Kozubowski, T.J. (2018). A folded Laplace distribution. Journal of Statistical Distribution and Applications, 2 (10), 1-17. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40488-015-0033-9
- Lukacs, E. (1992). Characteristic function. Griffin. London.
- Mahmoudvand, R., Faradmal, J., Abbasi, N. and Lurz, K. (2015). A New Modification of the classical Laplace distribution. Journal of the Iranian Statistical Society, 14 (2), 93-118.
- Mainardi, S. and Rogosin, S. (2006). The origin of infinitely divisible distribution: from de Finettis problem to Levy-Khintchine formula. Mathematical Methods for Economics and Finance, 1, 37-55.
- Omair, M., Almuhayfith, F. and Alzaid, A. (2018). A bivariate model based on compound negative binomial distribution. Revista Colombiana de Estadistica, 41 (1), 87-108. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15446/rce.v41n1.57803
- Panjer, H.H. and Wilmot, G.E. (1981). Finite sum evaluation of the negative binomial-exponential model. Astin Bulletin, 2, 133-137. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0515036100007066
- Sato, K. (2013). Levy processes and infinitely divisible distribution. Cambridge Studies in Advances Mathematics. New York.
- Steutel, F. W. and Harn, K.V. (2004). Infinite divisibility of probability distributions on the real line. Marcel Dekker. New York. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1201/9780203014127
- Wang, Z. (2011). One mix negative binomial distribution with Application. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 141 (3), 1153-1160. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspi.2010.09.020
- Yu, K. and Zhang, J. (2005). A three-parameter asymmetric Laplace distribution and its extension. Communication in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 34, 1867-1879. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/03610920500199018