Main Article Content
When a life test is terminated at a predetermined time to decide whether to accept or refuse the submitted batches, the types of group sampling inspection plans (single, two, and multiple-stages) are introduced. The tables in this study give the optimal number of groups for various confidence levels, examination limits, and values of the ratio of the determined experiment time to the fixed percentile life. At various quality levels, the operating characteristic functions and accompanying producer's risk are derived for various types of group sampling inspection plans. At the determined producer's risk, the optimal ratios of real percentile life to a fixed percentile life are obtained. Three case studies are provided to illustrate the processes described here. Comparisons of single-stage and iterative group sampling plans are introduced. The first, second, and third sample minimums must be used to guarantee that the product's stipulated mean and median lifetimes are reached at a certain degree of customer trust. The suggested sample plans' operational characteristic values and the producer's risk are given. In order to show how the suggested approaches based on the mean life span and median life span of the product may function in reality, certain real-world examples are examined.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following License
CC BY: This license allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, so long as attribution is given to the creator. The license allows for commercial use.
- Afify, A. Z., Yousof, H. M., Cordeiro, G. M., Ortega, E. M., and Nofal, Z. M. (2016). The Weibull-Fréchet distribution and its applications. Journal of Applied Statistics, 43(14), 2608-2626.
- Ahmed, B., & Yousof, H. (2022). A New Group Acceptance Sampling Plans based on Percentiles for the Weibull-Fréchet Model. Statistics, Optimization & Information Computing.
- Ahmed, B., Ali, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2022). A Novel G Family for Single Acceptance Sampling Plan with Application in Quality and Risk Decisions. Annals of Data Science, forthcoming.
- Al-Babtain, A. A., Elbatal, I., & Yousof, H. M. (2020). A new three parameter Fréchet model with mathematical properties and applications. Journal of Taibah University for Science, 14(1), 265-278.
- Ali, M. M., Ali, I., Yousof, H. M. and Ibrahim, M. (2022). G Families of Probability Distributions: Theory and Practices. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Almarashi, A. M., Khan, K., Chesneau, C., & Jamal, F. (2021). Group acceptance sampling plan using Marshall–Olkin kumaraswamy exponential (MOKw‐E) distribution. Processes. 9: 1066.
- Aslam, M., & Jun, C. H. (2009a). A group acceptance sampling plans for truncated life tests based on the inverse Rayleigh and log-logistic distributions. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 25(2), 107-119.
- Aslam, M., & Jun, C. H. (2009b). A group acceptance sampling plan for truncated life test having Weibull distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics, 36(9), 1021-1027.
- Aslam, M., Azam, M., and Jun, C., (2016). Multiple Dependent State Repetitive Group Sampling Plan for Burr XII Distribution. Quality Engineering, 28(2), 231–23
- Aslam, M., Jun, C. H., & Ahmad, M. (2009). A group sampling plan based on truncated life test for gamma distributed items. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 25(3), 333-340.
- Aslam, M., Jun, C. H., & Ahmad, M. (2011), A two-stage group sampling plan based on truncated life tests for a general distribution. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 81(12), 1927-1938.
- Aslam, M., Jun, C. H., Rasool, M., & Ahmad, M. (2010). A time truncated two-stage group sampling plan for Weibull distribution. Communications of Korean Statistical Society, 17(1), 89-98.
- Aslam, M., Kundu, D., Jun, C. H., & Ahmad, M. (2011). Time truncated group acceptance sampling plans for generalized exponential distribution. Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 39(4), 671-677.
- Aslam, M., Lio, Y. L., & Jun, C. H. (2013). Repetitive acceptance sampling plans for burr type XII percentiles. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 68(1), 495-507.
- Aslam, M., Srinivasa Rao, G., & Khan, N. (2021). Single-stage and two-stage total failure-based group-sampling plans for the Weibull distribution under neutrosophic statistics. Complex & Intelligent Systems, 7(2), 891-900.
- Azam, M., Aslam, M., Balamurali, S., & Javaid, A. (2015). Two stage group acceptance sampling plan for half normal percentiles. Journal of King Saud University-Science, 27(3), 239-243.
- Aziz, N., Zain, Z., Jamaludin, A. F., & Hashim, E. (2020). Time Truncated Modified Group Chain Sampling Plans for Marshall Olkin Extended Lomax Distribution. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29(6s), 1770-1777.
- Balakrishnan, N., Lieiva, V. and López, J. (2007). Acceptance sampling plans from truncated life tests based on the generalized Birnbaum-Saunders distribution. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 36(3), 643-656.
- Balasooriya, U. (1995). Failure–censored reliability sampling plans for the exponential distribution. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 52(4), 337-349.
- Bourguignon, M., Silva, R. B., & Cordeiro, G. M. (2014). The Weibull-G family of probability distributions. Journal of data science, 12(1), 53-68.
- Elsayed, H. A. H., & Yousof, H. M. (2020). The generalized odd generalized exponential Fréchet model: univariate, bivariate and multivariate extensions with properties and applications to the univariate version. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 529-544.
- Fertig, K. W., and Mann, N. R. (1980). Life-test sampling plans for two-parameter Weibull populations. Technometrics, 22(2), 165-177.
- Goode, H.P. and Kao, J.H.K. (1961). Sampling plans based on the Weibull distribution. Proceedings of Seventh National Symposium on Reliability and Quality Control, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 24-40.
- Gui, W. and Aslam, M., (2017). Acceptance sampling plans based on truncated life tests for weighted exponential distribution. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 46(3), 2138-2151.
- Gupta, S.S. and Groll, P.A. (1961) Gamma distribution in acceptance sampling based on life test. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 56(296), 942-970.
- Hamedani, G. G., Korkmaz, M. Ç., Butt, N. S., and Yousof H. M. (2022). The Type II Quasi Lambert G Family of Probability Distributions. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, forthcoming.
- Haq, M. A. ul, Yousof, H. M., & Hashmi, S. (2017). A New Five-Parameter Fréchet Model for Extreme Values. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 13(3), 617-632.
- Ibrahim, M., Ali, M. M., Goual, H. and Yousof, H. M. (2022). Censored and uncensored validation for the double Burr XII model using a new Nikulin-Rao-Robson goodness-of-fit test with Bayesian and non-Bayesian estimation, Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, forthcoming.
- Jahanshahi, S.M.A., Yousof, H. M. and Sharma, V.K. (2019). The Burr X Fréchet Model for Extreme Values: Mathematical Properties, Classical Inference and Bayesian Analysis. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., 15(3), 797-818.
- Jun, C.H., Balamurali, S. and Lee, S.H. (2006). Variable sampling plans for Weibull distributed lifetimes under sudden death testing. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 55(1), 53-58.
- Kanaparthi, R. (2020). A two-stage group sampling plan based on truncated life tests for Exponentiated Half Logistic distribution. CMST, 26(2), 55-64.
- Kantam, R.R.L. and Rosaiah, K. (1998). Half logistic distribution in acceptance sampling based on life tests. IAPQR Transactions, 23(2), 117-125.
- Korkmaz, M. Ç., Yousof, H. M., & Ali, M. M. (2017). Some theoretical and computational aspects of the odd Lindley Fréchet distribution. İstatistikçiler Dergisi: İstatistik ve Aktüerya, 10(2), 129-140.
- Lio, Y. L., Tsai, T. R., and Wu, S. H., (2010). Acceptance sampling plans from truncated life tests based on the Burr Type XII percentiles. Journal of the Chinese institute of Industrial Engineers, 27(4), 270–280.
- Mohamed, H. S., Ali, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2022a). The Lindley Gompertz Model for Estimating the Survival Rates: Properties and Applications in Insurance, Annals of Data Science, 10.1007/s40745-022-00451-3.
- Mohamed, H. S., Cordeiro, G. M., Minkah, R., Yousof, H. M. and Ibrahim, M. (2022b). A size-of-loss model for the negatively skewed insurance claims data: applications, risk analysis using different methods and statistical forecasting. Journal of Applied Statistics, forthcoming.
- Mohamed, H. S., Cordeiro, G. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2022c). The synthetic autoregressive model for the insurance claims payment data: modeling and future prediction. Statistics, Optimization & Information Computing, forthcoming.
- Mughal, A. R., & Ismail, M. (2013). An economic reliability efficient group acceptance sampling plans for family Pareto distributions. Res. J. Appl. Sci. Eng. Technol, 6(24), 4646-4652.
- Mughal, A. R., Hanif, M., Imran, A. A., Rafi, M., & Ahmad, M. (2011). Economic Reliability Two-Stage Group Sampling Plan for Truncated Life Test Having Weibull Distribution. European Journal of Scientific Research, 54(4), 593-599.
- Mughal, A. R., Zain, Z., & Aziz, N. (2015). Time Truncated Group Chain Sampling Strategy for Pareto Distribution of the 2nd Kind. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, 10(4), 471-474.
- Pascual, F.G., and Meeker, W.Q. (1998). The modified sudden death test: planning life tests with a limited number of test positions. Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 26(5), 434-443.
- Prasad, S. V. S. V. S. V., Rosaiah, K., & Rao, G. S. (2018). A two Stage group sampling plans based on truncated life tests for Type-II Generalized Log-Logistic distribution. Int. J. Sci. Res. in Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, 5(6).
- Rao, B. S., & Rao, G. S. (2016). A two-stage group acceptance sampling plan based on life tests for half logistic distribution. Model Assisted Statistics and Applications, 11(3), 203-211.
- Rao, B.S., Kumar, C. and Rosaiah, K. (2014). Group acceptance sampling plans for life tests based on Half Normal distribution. Sri Lankan Journal of Applied Statistics, 15(3), 221-231.
- Rao, G. S. (2011). A group acceptance sampling plans for lifetimes following a Marshall-Olkin extended exponential distribution. Applications and Applied Mathematics: An International Journal (AAM), 6(2), 13.
- Rao, G. S. (2013). A two-stage group sampling plan based on truncated life tests for a MO extended exponential distribution. International Journal of Quality Engineering and Technology, 3(4), 319-331.
- Rao, G. S., Kalyani, K., Rosaiah, K., & Sivakumar, D. C. U. (2019). A time-truncated two-stage group acceptance sampling plan for odds exponential log-logistic distribution. Life Cycle Reliability and Safety Engineering, 8(4), 337-345.
- Rao, G. S., Rosaiah, K., Babu, M. S., & Kumar, D. S. (2014). A two-stage group sampling plan based on truncated life tests for a exponentiated Fréchet distribution. European Scientific Journal, 10(33).
- Rao, G.S. (2009). A group acceptance sampling plans for lifetimes following a generalized exponential distribution. Economic Quality Control, 24(1), 75-85.
- Rao, G.S. (2010). A group acceptance sampling plans based on truncated life tests for Marshall-Olkin extended Lomax distribution. Electronic Journal of Applied Statistical Analysis, 3(1), 18-27.
- Rosaiah, K., Rao, G. and Prasad, S.V.S.V.S.V. (2016). A group acceptance sampling plans based on truncated life tests for Type-II generalized log-logistic distribution. In Prob Stat Forum, Vol. 9, 88-94.
- Saber, M. M., Hamedani, G. G., Yousof, H. M. But, N. S., Ahmed, B. and Yousof, H. M. (2022) A Family of Continuous Probability Distributions: Theory, Characterizations, Properties and Different Copulas, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Salah, M. M., El-Morshedy, M., Eliwa, M. S. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). Expanded Fréchet Model: Mathematical Properties, Copula, Different Estimation Methods, Applications and Validation Testing. Mathematics, 8(11), 1949.
- Salem M., Butt. N. S., and Yousof, H. M. (2022). Short-Term Insurance Claims Payments Forecasting with Holt-Winter Filtering and Residual Analysis. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, forthcoming.
- Schilling, E. G. and Neubauer, D. V. (2009). Acceptance sampling in quality control. Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Stephens, K.S. (2001). The Handbook of Applied Acceptance Sampling Plans, Procedures and Principles. ASQ Quality Press, Milwaukee.
- Tsai, T. and Wu, S., (2006). Acceptance sampling based on truncated life tests for generalized Rayleigh distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics, 33(6), 595–600.
- Vlcek, B. L., Hendricks, R. C., & Zaretsky, E. V. (2004). Monte Carlo simulation of sudden death bearing testing. Tribology Transactions, 47(2), 188-199.
- Yiğiter, A., Hamurkaroğlu, C., & Danacıoğlu, N. (2021). Group acceptance sampling plans based on time truncated life tests for compound Weibull-exponential distribution. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management.
- Yousof, H. M., Altun, E., & Hamedani, G. G. (2018a). A new extension of Fréchet distribution with regression models, residual analysis and characterizations. Journal of Data Science, 16(4), 743-770.
- Yousof, H. M., Butt, N. S., Alotaibi, R. M., Rezk, H., Alomani, G. A., & Ibrahim, M. (2019). A new compound Fréchet distribution for modeling breaking stress and strengths data. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 15(4), 1017-1035.
- Yousof, H. M., Hamedani, G. G., & Ibrahim, M. (2020). The Two-parameter Xgamma Fréchet Distribution: Characterizations, Copulas, Mathematical Properties and Different Classical Estimation Methods. Contributions to Mathematics, 2 (2020), 32-41.
- Yousof, H. M., Rasekhi, M., Altun, E., & Alizadeh, M. (2018b). The extended odd Fréchet family of distributions: properties, applications and regression modeling. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 30(1), 1-30.