Main Article Content
In this work, a new extension of the Inverse Rayleigh model is proposed and studied. We derive some of its fundamental properties. We assess the performance of the maximum likelihood estimators via a simulation study. The importance of the new model is shown via two applications to real data sets. The new model is better fit than other important competitive models based on two real data sets.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Alizadeh, M., Yousof, H. M. Rasekhi, M. and Altun, E. (2018). The odd log-logistic Poisson-G Family of distributions, Journal of Mathematical Extensions, 12(3), 81-104.
- Ansari, S. I. and Nofal, Z. M. (2020). The Lomax exponentiated Weibull model. Japanese Journal of Statistics and Data Science, 1-19.
- Ansari, S., Rezk, H. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). A New Compound Version of the Generalized Lomax Distribution for Modeling Failure and Service Times. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 95-107.
- Barreto-Souza, W. M., Cordeiro, G. M. and Simas, A. B. (2011). Some results for beta Fréchet distribution. Commun. Statist. Theory-Meth., 40, 798-811.
- Brito, E., Cordeiro, G. M., Yousof, H. M., Alizadeh, M. and Silva, G. O. (2017). Topp-Leone Odd Log-Logistic Family of Distributions, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 87(15), 3040--3058.
- Chakraborty, S., Handique, L., Altun, E. and Yousof, H. M. (2018). A new statistical model for extreme values: mathematical properties and applications. International Journal of Open Problems in Computer Science and Mathematics, 12(1), 1-18.
- Cordeiro, G. M., Yousof, H. M., Ramires, T. G. and Ortega, E. M. M. (2018). The Burr XII system of densities: properties, regression model and applications. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 88(3), 432-456.
- Elbiely, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2018). A New Extension of the Lomax Distribution and its Applications, Journal of Statistics and Applications, 2(1), 18-34.
- Elbiely, M. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). A New Inverse Weibull Distribution: Properties and Applications. Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 15(1), 30-43.
- Gad, A. M., Hamedani, G. G., Salehabadi, S. M. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). The Burr XII-Burr XII distribution: mathematical properties and characterizations. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 35(3), 229-248.
- Goual, H. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). Validation of Burr XII inverse Rayleigh model via a modified chi-squared goodness-of-fit test. Journal of Applied Statistics, 47(1), 1-32.
- Goual, H., Yousof, H. M. and Ali, M. M. (2019). Validation of the odd Lindley exponentiated exponential by a modified goodness of fit test with applications to censored and complete data. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research 15(3), 745-771.
- Ibrahim, M. (2020a). The compound Poisson Rayleigh Burr XII distribution: properties and applications. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, 15(1), 73-97.
- Ibrahim, M. (2020b). The generalized odd Log-logistic Nadarajah Haghighi distribution: statistical properties and different methods of estimation. Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, forthcoming.
- Ibrahim, M., Altun, E. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). A new distribution for modeling lifetime data with different methods of estimation and censored regression modeling. Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 8, 610–630.
- Ibrahim, M., Yadav, A. S. Yousof, H. M., Goual, H. and Hamedani, G. G. (2019). A new extension of Lindley distribution: modified validation test, characterizations and different methods of estimation, Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods, 26(5), 473–495.
- Korkmaz, M. C., Alizadeh, M., Yousof, H. M. and Butt, N. S. (2018). The generalized odd Weibull generated family of distributions: statistical properties and applications. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., 14 (3), 541-556.
- Korkmaz, M. C., Altun, E., Yousof, H. M. and Hamedani G. G. (2019). The Odd Power Lindley Generator of Probability Distributions: Properties, Characterizations and Regression Modeling, International Journal of Statistics and Probability, 8(2). 70-89.
- Korkmaz, M. C. Yousof, H. M. and Ali, M. M. (2017). Some Theoretical and Computational Aspects of the Odd Lindley Fréchet Distribution, Journal of Statisticians: Statistics and Actuarial Sciences, 2, 129-140.
- Krishna, E., Jose, K. K., Alice, T. and Risti, M. M. (2013). The Marshall-Olkin Fréchet distribution. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 42, 4091-4107.
- Mansour, M. M., Butt, N. S., Yousof, H. M., Ansari, S. I. and Ibrahim, M. (2020a). A Generalization of Reciprocal Exponential Model: Clayton Copula, Statistical Properties and Modeling Skewed and Symmetric Real Data Sets. Pakistan Journal of Statistics and Operation Research, 373-386.
- Mansour, M., Yousof, H. M., Shehata, W. A. M. and Ibrahim, M. (2020b). A new two parameter Burr XII distribution: properties, copula, different estimation methods and modeling acute bone cancer data, Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, 13, 223–238.
- Nascimento, A. D. C., Silva, K. F., Cordeiro, G. M., Alizadeh, M. and Yousof, H. M. (2019). The odd Nadarajah-Haghighi family of distributions: properties and applications. Studia Scientiarum Mathematicarum Hungarica, 56(2), 1-26.
- Nichols, M. D, Padgett, W. J. (2006). A Bootstrap control chart for Weibull percentiles. Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 22: 141-151.
- Smith, R. L. and Naylor, J. C. (1987). A comparison of maximum likelihood and Bayesian estimators for the three-parameter Weibull distribution. Applied Statistics, 36: 358-369.
- Yadav, A.S., Goual, H., Alotaibi, R.M. Rezk, H., Ali, M.M. and Yousof, H. M. (2020). Validation of the Topp-Leone-Lomax model via a modified Nikulin-Rao-Robson goodness-of-fit test with different methods of estimation. Symmetry, 12, 1-26. doi: 10.3390/sym12010057
- Yousof, H. M., Afify, A. Z., Ebraheim, A. N., Hamedani, G. G. and Butt, N. S. (2016). On six-parameter Fréchet distribution: properties and applications, Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., 12, 281-299.
- Yousof, H. M., Alizadeh, M., Jahanshahiand, S. M. A., Ramires, T. G., Ghosh, I. and Hamedani G. G. (2017). The transmuted Topp-Leone G family of distributions: theory, characterizations and applications, Journal of Data Science. 15, 723-740.
- Yousof, H. M., Altun, E. and Hamedani, G. G. (2018a). A new extension of Frechet distribution with regression models, residual analysis and characterizations. Journal of Data Science, 16(4), 743-770.
- Yousof, H. M., Jahanshahi, S. M., Ramires, T. G Aryal, G. R. and Hamedani G. G. (2018b). A new distribution for extreme values: regression model, characterizations and applications. Journal of Data Science, 16(4), 677-706.