Main Article Content
In this paper, we present simple explicit expressions for single and product moments of generalized order statistics from generalized Pareto distribution. These relations are deduced for the moments of order statistics and record values and tabulated the mean and variance of this distribution. Further, conditional expectation, recurrence relations for single as well as for product moments of generalized order statistics and truncated moment are used to characterize this distribution.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Ahsanullah, M. and Raqab, M.Z. (2004): Characterizations of distributions by conditional expectations of gen- eralized order statistics J. Appl. Statist. Sci.,, 13, 41-48.
- Ahsanullah, M., Shakil, M. and Golam Kibria, B.M. (2016): Characterization of continuous distributions by truncated moment. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 15, 316-331.
- Athar, H., Yaqub, M and Islam, H.M. (2003): On characterizations of distributions through linear regression of record values and order statistics. Aligarh J. Statist., 23, 97-105.
- Bieniek, M. and Szynal, D. (2003): Characterizations of distriutions via linearity of regression of generalized order statistics. Metrika, 58, 259-271.
- Castillo, E. and Hadi, A.S. (1997): Fitting the generalized Pareto distribution to data. J. Amer. Statist. Assoc., 92, 1609-1620.
- Cramer, E., Kamps, U. and Keseling, C. (2004): Chracterization via linear regression of ordered random vari- ables: A unifying approach. Comm. Statist. Theory Methods, 33, 2885-2911.
- Galambos, J. and Kotz, S. (1978): Characterizations of probability distributions: A unified approach with an emphasis on exponential and related models. Lecture Notes in Math., 675. Berlin, Germany.
- Generalized Exponential Distributions. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., XIII, 727-737.
- Glanzel, W. (1987): A characterization theorem based on truncated moments and its application to some distribution families. In P. Bauer, F. Konecny, and W. Wertz (Eds.), Mathematical Statistics and Probability Theory (Vol. B) (75-84). Dordrecht, Netherlands.
- Hamedani, G.G. (2017): Characterizations of Kumaraswamy -Laplace, Mcdonald Inverse Weibull and New
- Kamps, U. (1995): A concept of generalized order statistics. B.G. Teubner Stuttgart, Germany.
- Kamps, U. and Cramer, E. (2001): On distribution of generalized order statistics. Statistics, 35, 269-280. Keseling, C. (1999): Conditional distributions of generalized order statistics and some characterizations. Metrika, 49, 27-40.
- Khan, A. H. and Alzaid, A.A (2004): Characterization of distributions through linear regression of non adjacent generalized order statistics. J. Appl. Statist. Sci., 13, 123-136.
- Khan, A.H., Faizan, M. and Haque, Z. (2009): Characterization of probability distributions through order statistics. Probstat Forum, 2, 132-136.
- Khan, A.H., Faizan, M. and Haque, Z. (2011): Characterization of probability distributions through generalized order statistics. J. Adv. Res. Stat. Probab., 3, 38-47.
- Khan, A.H., Khan, R.U. and Yaqub, M. (2006): Characterization of continuous distributions through conditional expectation of function of generalized order statistics. J. Appl. Probab. Statist., 1, 115-131.
- Khan, M.I. and Khan, M.A.R. (2017): Recurrence relations of moments of generalized order statistics in a compound Rayleigh distribution. Thailand Statistician, 15, 11-16.
- Khan, M.I., Khan, M.A.R. and Khan, M.A. (2015): Generalized order statistics from q-exponential type-I distribution and its characterization. Int. J. Comp. Theo. Stat., 2, 1-6.
- Khan, R.U. and Khan, M.A. (2016): Moments properties of generalized order statistics from exponential-Weibull lifetime distribution. Journal of advanced statistics, 1, 146-155.
- Khan, R.U. and Zia, B. (2014): Generalized order statistics from doubly truncated linear exponential distribution and characterization. J. Appl. Probab. Statist., 9, 53-65.
- Khan, R.U., Kulshrestha, A. and Kumar, D. (2012): Lower generalized order statistics of generalized exponential distribution. Journal of Statistics Applications and Probability, 1, 101-113.
- Khan, R.U., Kumar, D. and Athar, H. (2010): Moments of generalized order statistics from Erlang-truncated exponential distribution and its characterization. International Journal of Statistics and Systems, 5, 455-464.
- Nofal, Z.H. (2011): Characterization of Beta and Gamma distributions Based on the doubly truncated mean function. J. Appl. Statist. Sci., 19, 159-169.
- Nofal, Z.M. and EI Gebal, Y.M. (2017): New Characterizations of the Pareto Distribution. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res., XIII, 63-74.
- Ruiz, S.M. (1996): An algebraic identity leading to Wilsons theorem. The Mathematical Gazette, 80, 579-582.
- Singh, B., Khan, R.U. and Khan, M.A.R. (2018a): Generalized order statistics from kumaraswamy burr-III distribution and its related inference. Journal of Statistics: Advances in Theory and Applications, 19, 1-16.