Main Article Content
This paper considers M[X1],M[X2]/G1,G2/1 general retrial queueing system with priority services. Two types of customers from different classes arrive at the system in different independent compound Poisson processes. The server follows the pre-emptive priority rule subject to working breakdown, startup/closedown time and Bernoulli vacation with general (arbitrary) vacation periods. After completing the service, if there are no priority customers present in the system the server may go for a vacation or close down the system. On completion of the close down, the server needs some time to set up the system. The priority customers who find the server busy are queued in the system. A low-priority customer who find the server busy are routed to a retrial (orbit) queue that attempts to get the service. The system may breakdown at any point of time when it is in operation. However, when the system fails, instead of stopping service completely, the service is continued only to the high priority customers at a slower rate. We consider balking to occur to the low priority customer while the server is busy or idle, and reneging to occur at the high priority customers during server’s vacation, start up/close down time. Using the supplementary variable technique, we derive the joint distribution of the server state and the number of customers in the system. Finally, some performance measures and numerical examples are presented.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- Atencia I. and Moreno. P (2005). A single-server retrial queue with general retrial times and Bernoulli schedule. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 162, 855 - 880.
- Bo Keun Kim, Doo Ho Lee (2016). The M/G/1 queue with disasters and working breakdowns. Applied Mathematical Modelling 4, 437-459.
- Cheng-Dar Liou (2013). Markovian queue optimisation analysis with an unreliable server subject to working breakdowns and impatient customers. International Journal of Systems Science, 46, 2165 - 2182.
- Cox D.R (1955). The analysis of non-Markovian stochastic processes by the inclusion of supplementary variables. Proc. Cambridge Phil.Soc. 51, 433 - 441.
- Dong-Yuh Yang, Ying-Yi Wu (2017). Analysis of a finite-capacity system with working breakdowns and retention of impatient customers. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 44, 207 - 216.
- Gross D. and Harris, C.M. (1985). Fundamentals of Queueing Theory: 2nd Edition, Wiley, New York.
- Ioannis Dimitriou and Christos Langaris (2009). A Queueing model with startup/closedown time and retrial customers. Taylor and Francis, 25, 248-269.
- Jaiswal N.K. (1968). Priority Queues. Academic press,NY.
- Kalidass K, Kasturi R (2012). A queue with working breakdowns. Computers and Industrial Engineering, 63. 779-783.
- Pavai Madheswari S, Krishna Kumar B and Suganthi P (2019), Analysis of M/G/1 retrial queues with second optional service and customer balking under two types of Bernoulli vacation schedule, RAIRO-Oper. Res. 53(2).
- Servi, L.D and Finn S.G (2012). An M/M/1 queues with Working vacations(M/M/1/WV). Performance Evauation, 50, 41-52.
- Sridharan V and Jayashree P J (1996). Some characteristics on a finite queue with normal, partial and total failures. Microelectronic reliability, 36(2), 265-267.
- Sherif I. Ammar and Pakkirisamy Rajadurai (2019), Performance Analysis of Pre-emptive Priority Retrial Queueing System with Disaster under Working Breakdown Services, SYMMETRY, 11, 419.
- Subha Rao S. (1967). Queueing with balking and reneging in M/G/1 systems. Metrika, 12, 173-188.
- Tao Li and Liyuan Zhang (2017). An M/G/1 Retrial G-Queue with General Retrial Times and Working Breakdowns. Math. Comput. Appl. 22, 15.
- Tao Li,Liyuan Zhang and Shan Gao (2018), An M/G/1 retrial queue with balking customers and Bernoulli working vacation interruption, Taylor-Francis, 511-530.
- Zaiming liu and Yang Song , The M^X/M/1 queue with working breakdown. Rairo operations research, 48, 339 - 413.